1. Did that guy on Lewrockwell.com really write a lengthy article that said Ron Paul was carrying the message of the remnant? Dear God. I want to remove every friend who I thought was an anarchist but now is clearly a minarchist and just keep the ones who knew they were minarchist all along –at least they are consistent. He’s a fucking politician who uses the political means to obtain ends. But, clearly not every anarchist has read “Our Enemy..” and been acquainted with Oppenheimer’s explanation of the political means. Their ignorance is forgivable and their Facebook friendship is in peril no longer because I’ve discovered Nietzsche and I’m all fucked up again. I wonder if ol’ Paul won if they would cheer, YAH WE WON!!! We won the right to force our beliefs on other people via the State! Hooray!! I don’t know how that would make them any better than the fan’s of GWB or Obama or any other 3rd world dictator. And Christ! Walter Block! Doug French once called you the new “Mr. Libertarian”. I am chalking up your tirade on self hating Libertarians as a late night-I drank too much wine sort of affair. And really, who hasn’t been there? It’s the sort of thing you write and wish you hadn’t –sort of like what I’m typing right now one Sam Adams down.
2. I’ve been reading a lot of Plato lately. From my estimation we are trying to devise the same utopia he dreamed up in “The Republic”. Why couldn’t he think of a world without government? Maybe he did and he just had to create such a disaster as his republic to almost make fun of government itself. What a mess. How do we know what is good? How do we know what is bad? Well, before you Mr. Plato there were Eastern Philosophers who figured this shit out. We don’t kind of. But here’s the deal: Eastern Philosophy has made the best execution of this question by saying that we know good only by knowing evil. That’s not a cop out. It’s deep shit. There is a lot to that Ying and Yang, Zen, Tao stuff. I highly recommend it to anyone stuck in that Western/Aristotelian rut.
3. I hate Facebook. Well, not really. I hate people on Facebook who seemingly never have an opinion on anything they EVER post on their own walls but manage to sucker punch you on the post you make on your own wall. You know, the people you never hear jack shit out of and assume they pushed the hide button on you a long time ago and then, WHAM! –blah, blah, blah, I won’t debate you but you’re wrong, blah, blah, blah. Hit-and-runs. Bitches.
4. I really like being negative. At first I dismissed it and tried to explain how I didn’t think I was negative. Not now. I fully embrace my negativity but only in the discussion of humanity, civilization, intelligence, and never on the beautiful. I smile at beautiful things.
5. All this thought on the State and I thought I had it all pieced together. I read all the classics from Nock, Rothbard, Spencer, Spooner. But then I read “Resist Not Evil” by Clarence Darrow and I must have missed this simple tidbit, or, at least I never put it together until I read how Darrow put it: That government is not created by the weak for the weak’s sake to protect it from the strong.
6. The terrorists won. Let’s face it. I could write more but what’s the point? If you disagree you are stupid or haven’t been paying attention.
7. The coin shop owner said that some farmer in bibs was one of the smartest investors he ever met. This kind of pissed me off but I thought I’d at least ask, why? He said it was because he buys enormous amounts of junk silver all the time and he didn’t trust paper money. Pay no attention to me telling you that I looked into my crystal ball and sold at $48/oz (near it’s 30 year high) and bought back in at $35/oz. No, that was a rookie move that some rich farmer who puts all of his subsidy money in silver would never make. My bad.
8. The thought occurred to me that ultimately we are responsible for our own security. Police rarely stop a crime in progress. They only come after the crime has been committed so they can fill out paper work and not catch the bad guy and not recover your stolen items that they won’t investigate. Consider that you are held at gunpoint right now. Where is the government? Who is protecting you at this very moment? Who will save you from this act of aggression? There is no magical being known as “the government” who watches over us like an angel that swoops down to save us in our time of need. You protect you. Don’t rely on someone else to do your protecting or you’ll end up dead.
9. If you stopped watching the news for 1 year and came back a year later you would not know a difference in time. Same bullshit political arguments, same talking heads, same fluff with only accidental news reporting. How do I know? I tried it.
10. The island. It may be my only sanctuary from the Clevon’s (see urban dictionary) of the world. I know that intelligence is subjective but, DAMN!!
11. I feel more and more like Rorschach in the movie “The Watchmen”. Why is he the crazy one? The other characters in that movie are just delaying the inevitable end of humanity by humanity itself. Not to mention I have mad crime fighting skills… ugh, yeah.
12. I was at Indianapolis this year at a Mises Event. Out of all the speakers I was most struck by Robert Higgs. His lecture was very good but beyond that I found him to be a very wise person. Hearing a wise person speak is instantly recognizable. They tend not to use so much sensationalism in their vocabulary and they are able to come at a question from left field, something you never heard of, and nail their point home. I met Thomas DiLorenzo in the lobby of the hotel and we enjoyed some short jabs at Abe Lincoln’s expense. If every day were a Mises Event I’d be happy.
13. I was talking with a co-worker about how he mines gold. No, not the real gold metal. It’s WOW gold, as in World of Warcraft. This sounds too good to be true but I made myself an angel investor in what is known as WOW “bots”. Long story short: There is a German software engineer, several dedicated WAN IP’s, a couple Paypal accounts, and harvested WOW accounts sold by ex-WOW addicts. I’ve never played the game. It looks stupid. For the alleged $500 bucks a month and little labor involved, well find out if we are living in fantasy or reality. I’ve read about how the Chinese force prisoners to play the game and mine gold online and it’s like The Pygmy Witch Doctor in the Kaja'mite Cavern on The Lost Isles says "Taronto Bosch".
14. All I want is an Oliver 1650 with a Perkin’s Diesel that includes 3 point hitch, front loader, low hours, and Bushhog attachment. For Free.
15. This must sound weird but If you want to change the world then do nothing. Humans just have a knack for getting in their own way. We should all strive to just shut up, sit down, relax, and pull the stick out of our asses from time to time. Do by not doing –and you’ll probably accomplish more. Weird, I know.
No comments:
Post a Comment